Teacher Subject Specialism Training in Maths, or Physics – 2018-2019
Registration for the 2018-2019 TSST Programme in either Maths, or Physics is now open.
CLICK HERE to go to the TSST registration page on the Teaching Schools CPD Portal.
When registering your place, please indicate in the required field whether you would like to take part in the Mathematics, or the Physics course.
TSST Programme Dates (attendance at all training sessions is mandatory):
- Two-day TSST Conference – Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th October 2018 (9am-4:30pm) at The Blue School
- Three half-day training events – Tuesday 15th January, Wednesday 6th March and Tuesday 18th June 2019 (2-6pm) venues TBC
- Final presentation event – Tuesday 2nd July 2019 (4-6pm) at The Blue School
Please Note: There are up to 15 participant places on the Maths training programme and 10 participant places on the Physics programme. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
In conjunction with The Blue School in Wells, Taunton Teaching Alliance has been granted funding from The National College for Teaching and Leadership for fully-funded Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) in Mathematics and Physics 2018-2019. The training is for qualified teachers to re-train through school-led subject specialism training.
Those eligible are:
a) Already qualified, non-specialist teachers who could potentially teach Maths or Physics
b) Teachers who want to re-train as Maths or Physics Teachers
Please note that all participants must have a least a C grade at GCSE/GCE, though ideally a relevant A Level. Also, some teaching experience in either Maths or Physics is desirable, although not essential.
Please note, the following information will be required for each participant application:
Your School’s URN (Unique Reference Number)
The name of your school’s Headteacher
Your TRN (Teacher Reference Number)
Your Date of Birth
Your main subject that you currently teach
We would like to express our appreciation and gratitude to Mark Williams and The Blue School tutor team for their excellent leadership and delivery of this TSST programme.
All personal information is treated with utmost security. Please see the DfE’s Privacy Notice:
- Contact you to ask about your experiences of the training. Please note that, if contacted, you will be under no obligation to take part. If you do, you will not be identified in any results of the evaluation and you can ask not to participate, or change your mind, at any time
- Link information you provide in your application form with other information about you which DfE already holds or to which it is lawfully permitted access. This is to identify (for example) what kinds of qualifications participants to this training go on to achieve, and how long they stay in teaching, without having to contact you repeatedly to ask you to update your information
“I thought I was out of my depth but the tutors were so patient and helpful and the content was adjusted, so I soon felt more comfortable.” TSST Participant