Open and accessible to the whole education community, this a working conference that will bring together education professionals system leaders from across the South West region. The one-stop-shop for accessing the essential knowledge, skills and tools for effective school improvement.
- Learn more about evidence-based models of school improvement from international study and how they might be applied to our context. Intention: to consider setting up sub-regional focused professional learning communities, founded on CPD models that work.
- Update and share what has been learned through the Strategic School Improvement Fund. Intention: to share, network and collaborate more effectively and efficiently.
- Learn more about the West Somerset Research School and in particular, the Leading Learning Programme. Intention: to consider placing more emphasis on the Leadership of Teaching and Learning.
- Understand what an ‘Opportunity Area’ is and the partucular needs of the West Somerset Opportunity Area. Intention: to support the Social Mobility Agenda
- Bring together NLEs and NLGs to design a more effective and targeted model of deployment with a focus on the schools that need the most support. Intention: to co-construct this model and pilot it in the TSC SW Sub-Region of Somerset, South Gloucestershire, BANES, Bristol and North Somerset.
Presentation and Discussion Workshops
When registering your place at the conference, please indicate your morning and afternoon workshop of choice from the following options:
Morning session – 11:10-11:50am
a) Sarah Baker (Headteacher and National Leader of Education at Redland Green School) and Geoff Mountjoy (TSC SW sub-regional National Leader of Governance Advocate): Are two heads better than one? Building an effective NLE/NLG partnership for systematic joint deployment – The barriers to and benefits of NLEs and NLGs working together systematically to aligh best practice within governance and leadership.
b) Sally Viner (Head of the Regional Delivery Division SW and Strategic School Improvement Fund Regional Lead) and Chrysta Garnett (Head of School Partnerships at Bristol City Council): SSIF headline briefing and top-tips in writing a Successful SSIF did – What have we learned so far and what does this mean for SSIF Round 3?
Afternoon session – 2:40-3:20pm
a) Gavin Richards (Infinity Solutions Director and CPD Portal Creator): The Online Portal – Teaching School and System Leader Collaboration
a) Sally Viner (Head of the Regional Delivery Division SW and Strategic School Improvement Fund Regional Lead) and Chrysta Garnett (Head of School Partnerships at Bristol City Council): SSIF headline briefing and top-tips in writing a Successful SSIF did – What have we learned so far and what does this mean for SSIF Round 3?
c) Lorraine Heath (Headteacher and National Leader of Education at Uffculme School): CPLD with Impact
For more information and to book your place, CLICK HERE